b. 21 January 1813, d. 1891
|Father*||James FORD b. 1776|
|Mother*||Theresa Jones HARRIDGE b. 8 Apr 1784, d. 19 Feb 1844|
|Note*||Sophia FORD 1841 Census:|
Address: Up Harley St, Marylebone, London
NAME AGE OCCUPATION BORN IN COUNTY
GOLDSMID, Francis H 33 Barrister Y
GOLDSMID, Louisa S 21 N
NEWBURN, James 26 M S N (Scotland)
FIELD, Charlotte 45 F S Y
FORD, Sophia 29 F S N
ODELL, Mary 28 F S N
Address: 15 Up Harley st, Marylebone, London
NAME REL MARR AGE OCCUPATION BORN
GOLDSMIT, Francis H Head M 42 Barrister in actual practice London
GOLDSMIT, Louisa S Wife M 31 wife of Barrister Sussex, Brighton
McLEAN, Jane Servant U 27 House Servant Berks, Bradfield
EVANS, Caroline Servant U 28 House Servant Berks, Sonning
FORD, Sophia Servant U 37 Ladies Maid Essex, Rayleigh
1861 Sophia is a widow living at St Pancras with her niece Sophia FORD and 1
servant, she is a landed proprietor.
1871 Sophia is a lodger at Highworth Cottages, Lewisham, with a income from
1881 Sophia is a widow and is living in a boarding house at 11 Leinster sq,
London, with a income from dividends.
Also a death for her 1891, June qtr, Lewisham, 1d, 834
Her age seems to vary
|Birth||She was born in 1813 at Rayleigh, Essex.2|
|Baptism*||She was baptized on 21 January 1813 at Rayleigh, Essex.3,4|
|(Witness) Misc||She was a complainant (plaintiff) in the suit in the Court of Chancery contesting the execution of|
the will of Thomas Harridge (d1827). Brought by William
D'Aranda and Elizabeth, and others (see list below). The
actual Bill of Complaint has not yet turned up but there
are several 'answers' of the defendants.
Henry Harridge Carter
James Caldwell Carter
Crispe Harridge Carter
Eliza Charlotte Carter
William Bacon Carter
Alleyne David Carter
Henrietta (aka Harrietta) Kennett
Thomas Henry Kennett
Mary Ann Kennett
John Carter Kennett
Arthur Stanes Kennett
William Stanes Kennett
Mary Ann Ford
William D'Aranda Ford
Susannah Harridge Carter
Charlotte Timson Kennett
Theresa Jones Ford with William Peter D'ARANDA R.N. and Elizabeth HARRIDGE circa 1829.5
|Marriage*||Sophia FORD married Charles Lewis Henry ECOFFEY on 22 November 1851.|
|Married Name||As of 22 November 1851,her married name was ECOFFEY.|
|Death*||Sophia FORD died in 1891 at Lewisham; Death Entry: Jun Qtr 1891 Lewisham 1d/834, aged 81.6|
|Charles Lewis Henry ECOFFEY d. 3 May 1856|
|Marriage*||She married Charles Lewis Henry ECOFFEY on 22 November 1851.|
|Last Edited||27 Nov 2009|
- Yvonne Szwedyc (HARRIDGE descendant) n.pub.,.
- Various Authors, Family Tree Records, Various Dates, Western Australia (Helen Mary Carter, (HMC)) "unknown cd."
- Thomas Harridge Pedigree from D'Aranda v Head, 1858. (National Archives) , J68/1029.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI) compiled by the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, http://www.familysearch.org, Version 2.5.0 (2005). Unknown cd.
- Court of Chancery, Six Clerks Office, "D'Aranda v Harridge 1829, TNA Doc Ref: C13/2226/32."
- Index to BMD Registration Entry Starting in 1837, compiled by FreeBMD, Commenced 1998 (ongoing) "unknown cd."