Sarah Jane KING
b. 30 April 1876, d. 17 June 1944
|Father*||Thomas KING b. bt 1829 - 1835|
|Mother*||Sarah Anne BARROW b. 24 Aug 1837|
|Note*||Sarah Jane KING |
|Birth||She was born circa 1875 at Croydon, Surrey; |
|Birth*||She was born on 30 April 1876 at 6 Market Street, Croydon, Surrey, England.3|
|Baptism||She was baptized on 6 April 1878 at St John the Baptist Church, Croydon, Surrey, England; |
|(Witness) Census||She appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in the household of Thomas KING at 21 Handcross Alley, Croydon, Surrey, England; |
|Marriage*||Sarah Jane KING married William GILLAM, son of William GILLAM and Lavinia Eliza MORRISS, on 23 January 1893 at Holy Trinity Church, Selhurst, Surrey.6|
|Married Name||As of 23 January 1893,her married name was GILLAM.|
|(Witness) Census||Sarah Jane KING appeared on the census of 31 March 1901 in the household of William GILLAM at 3 Granary Cottages, nr Overtons Yard, Croydon, Surrey; |
|(Witness) Census||Sarah Jane KING appeared on the census of 2 April 1911 in the household of William GILLAM at 30 Selhurst New Road, Croydon, Surrey; |
|Death*||Sarah Jane KING died on 17 June 1944 at 30 Selhurst New Rd, Croydon, Surrey, at age 68; Cause of death: Falling masonry due to V1 bomb exploding in |
the street outside her house. Body found 0430hrs 17-Jun-1944,
wearing blue coat, black blouse with two brooches. Death due to falling
masonry, identified by her son C.T.Gillam of 4 Selhurst New Road.7
|Burial*||She was buried on 22 June 1944 at Queens Road Cemetery, Croydon, Surrey.8|
|William GILLAM b. 26 January 1874, d. 17 June 1944|
|Marriage*||She married William GILLAM, son of William GILLAM and Lavinia Eliza MORRISS, on 23 January 1893 at Holy Trinity Church, Selhurst, Surrey.6|
|Last Edited||26 Aug 2013|
- Online image of the 1901 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 638; Folio: 60; Page: 40."
- 1911 Census.
- General Register Office Indexes to Birth, Commencing 1837 (General Register Office, GRO (England & Wales)) "C1: Thirtieth April 1876, 6 Market Street, Croydon
C2: Sarah Jane
C4: Thomas KING
C5: Sarah Ann KING formerly BARROW
C6: Boot Closer
C7: S.A.King, Mother, 6 Market Street, Croydon
C8: Seventh June 1876
C9: Edwin Bailey, Registrar
This is only the assumed birth certificate - not yet sure."
- Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk, Ancestry.com. England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
Original data: Genealogical Society of Utah. British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd Edition. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, copyright 2002. Used by permission.
- Online image of the 1881 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk.)
- Copy marriage certificate (General Register Office) "unknown cd."
- Copy death certificate. "Death Registration Entry: Jun Qtr 1944 Croydon 2a/822, aged 68."
- Croydon Times, (Croydon Local Studies Library and Archives Service) "Interment Notice, Queens Road Cemetery, 24th June 1944."