b. 11 August 1807, d. 24 June 1885
|Father*||James FORD b. 1776|
|Mother*||Theresa Jones HARRIDGE b. 8 Apr 1784, d. 19 Feb 1844|
|Birth*||Theresa FORD was born on 11 August 1807 at Rayleigh, Essex.1|
|Baptism||She was baptized on 26 September 1807 at Rayleigh, Essex.2|
|(Witness) Misc||She was a complainant (plaintiff) in the suit in the Court of Chancery contesting the execution of|
the will of Thomas Harridge (d1827). Brought by William
D'Aranda and Elizabeth, and others (see list below). The
actual Bill of Complaint has not yet turned up but there
are several 'answers' of the defendants.
Henry Harridge Carter
James Caldwell Carter
Crispe Harridge Carter
Eliza Charlotte Carter
William Bacon Carter
Alleyne David Carter
Henrietta (aka Harrietta) Kennett
Thomas Henry Kennett
Mary Ann Kennett
John Carter Kennett
Arthur Stanes Kennett
William Stanes Kennett
Mary Ann Ford
William D'Aranda Ford
Susannah Harridge Carter
Charlotte Timson Kennett
Theresa Jones Ford with William Peter D'ARANDA R.N. and Elizabeth HARRIDGE circa 1829.3
|Married Name||Her married name was GORDON.|
|Marriage*||Theresa FORD married Henry C GORDON.|
|Census||Theresa FORD appeared on the census of 7 June 1841 at St Pancras, London, England.4|
|Census||She appeared on the census of 7 April 1861 at St Pancras, London, England.5|
|Census*||She appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 at 247 Stanhope Street, St Pancras, Regent's Park, London, England.6|
|Death*||She died on 24 June 1885 at Regent's Park, London, England, at age 77.7|
|Henry C GORDON d. before 1881|
|Marriage*||She married Henry C GORDON.|
|Last Edited||26 Jun 2011|
- Thomas Harridge Pedigree from D'Aranda v Head, 1858. (National Archives) , J68/1029.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI) compiled by the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, http://www.familysearch.org, Version 2.5.0 (2005). Unknown cd.
- Court of Chancery, Six Clerks Office, "D'Aranda v Harridge 1829, TNA Doc Ref: C13/2226/32."
- Online image of the 1841 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: HO107; Piece 684; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Pancras; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 3; Folio: 9; Page: 12."
- Online image of the 1861 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG9; Piece: 95; Folio: 125; Page: 40."
- Online image of the 1881 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG11; Piece: 181; Folio: 117; Page: 65;."
- Newspaper, various authors, various publishers,. "The Essex Standard, Colchester, Essex, England.
Saturday, July 4, 1885." "GORDON - June 24th, at Stanhope Street, Regent's Park, Theresa, widow of H.Gordon, and eldest daughter of the late James Ford, of Limehouse, Rayleigh."