Alexander Ross FORSYTH
b. 1 June 1869
|Adoptive father*||Andrew FORSYTH b. 1841, d. 27 Apr 1897|
|Adoptive mother*||Ann ROSS b. 30 Dec 1837, d. 29 Mar 1893|
|Mother||Jessie ROSS b. bt 1841 - 1846|
|Birth||Alexander Ross FORSYTH was born in 1869 at Fearn, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland; Date calculated from Marriage Certificate.|
Date calculated from 1901 census.1,2
|Birth*||He was born on 1 June 1869 at Hill of Fearn, Fearn, Ross-shire, Scotland; Possibly the illegitimate son of Jessie Ross.3|
|Birth||He was born on 19 September 1869 at Fearn, Ross-shire, Scotland; Possibly the son of William and Jessie Ross.3|
|Birth||He was born in 1871; Date calculated from 1881 census.4|
|(Witness) Census||He appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in the household of Andrew FORSYTH at 11 W Richmond St, Edinburgh; Address: 11 W Richmond St, Edinburgh|
Ref: Parish: Edinburgh St Cuthberts; ED: 28; Page: 3;
Line: 20; Roll: cssct1881_291; Year: 1881.
Alexander Forsyth 10
Andrew Forsyth 40
Annie Forsyth 39
Jessie Ross 35.4
|Occupation||Alexander Ross FORSYTH was a Lance Corporal in the 2nd Battalion Scottish Rifles in India in May 1893 at Sangor?/Bangor?, India.5|
|Occupation*||He was an India Rubber Worker in 1897 at Edinburgh.6|
|(Witness) Will||He witnessed the will of Andrew FORSYTH on 17 May 1897 at Edinburgh, Scotland.7|
|Marriage*||Alexander Ross FORSYTH married Matilda FREEMAN, daughter of Frederick FREEMAN and Matilda BAYES, on 17 December 1897 at 51A Castle Terrace, Edinburgh.6|
|Occupation||Alexander Ross FORSYTH was an India Rubber Worker in 1898 at Edinburgh.8|
|Occupation||He was an India Rubber Worker in 1899 at Edinburgh.8|
|Occupation||He was an India Rubber Worker in 1901 at Edinburgh.2|
|Census*||He appeared on the census of 31 March 1901 at 52 Rosemount Bdgs, Edinburgh; Address: 52 Rosemount Bdgs, Edinburgh|
Ref: Parish: Edinburgh St David; ED: 94; Page: 9;
Line: 8; Roll: CSSCT1901_367; Year: 1901
Alexander Forsyth 32
Annie Forsyth 1
Julia Forsyth 2
Matilda Forsyth 26.2
|Matilda FREEMAN b. 25 January 1875|
|Marriage*||He married Matilda FREEMAN, daughter of Frederick FREEMAN and Matilda BAYES, on 17 December 1897 at 51A Castle Terrace, Edinburgh.6|
|Last Edited||30 Nov 2008|
- Copy marriage certificate (General Register Office) "Calculated from MC."
- Online image of the 1901 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk.)
- Copy birth certificate of unknown name of person, born unknown event date, registered unknown registration date in the Registration District of unknown registration district (unknown repository, unknown gro index ref) "unknown cd."
- Online image of the 1881 Census for England and Wales (Ancestry.co.uk, http://www.ancestry.co.uk.)
- Will of Andrew Forsyth 1897 n.pub.,.
- Copy marriage certificate "unknown cd."
- Will n.pub.,.
- Birth Certificate of Child ,.